Why would you go on a private course?
Don't have to adapt to others
We can start earlier or later than the usual dive centre hours
Don’t worry that other diver will cut your dive short or you hold up someone else
Comfortable and hassle-free
I can pick you up and drop off anyplace in Malta, you don’t have to travel to a dive centre.
Dive centres can’t always accommodate special requests. I do.
Less stress while learning since I can focus entirely on your improvement.
We can adjust the learning pace according to your comfort.
Get the full attention of your instructor
During this program, the following topics will be covered… and more!
- Basic overview of physics/physiology and how it relates to diving
- Equalization techniques
- The aquatic environment
- Marine environment
- Marine life expected to encounter at the dive site
- Scuba equipment assembly
- Underwater communications
- Taking the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
Some of the in-water skills you will perform include:
- Predive check
- Weight removal at the surface
- Ear clearing and equalization
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD) use
- Manual inflation
- Oral inflation
- Buoyancy control
- Controlled ascents and descents
- Regulator use
- Breathing, clearing, and recovery
- Mask clearing
- Underwater swimming: proper use of fins
- Computer use
- Use of gauges
- Underwater communications
If you enjoy this experience then the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course is your next step!
This program takes approximately 5 hours.
Price is 150€
Open Water Course
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
Course length is usually 4 days.
More information about SDI Open Water Course
Advanced Adventure Course
If you’ve taken your Open Water Scuba Diver course and are now ready to expand your knowledge but would like to see what is out there first, then the SDI Advanced Adventure Diver course is for you!
In Malta, this certification allows you to dive independently, (with a buddy but without instructor supervision) rent equipment or fill a cylinder.
The SDI Advanced Adventure course will give you an overview of five different SDI specialities. Two of the required specialities are the Deep Diver and Navigation Diver specialities which are the foundation of continuing diver education. The remaining speciality dives you can opt for include:
- Advanced Buoyancy Control
- Computer Nitrox Diver
- Sidemount Diver
- Night/Limited Visibility
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Marine Ecosystem Awareness
- Wreck Diver
This course is intended to introduce you to each of the five specialities selected; not complete comprehension of the chosen speciality. One dive from each of the chosen specialities may apply towards the completion of a speciality certification.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to experience an introduction to SDI specialties
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent*
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
Limits for Junior Divers:
Deep Diving: Maximum depth for divers 10-15 is 21 metres/70 feet
Dry suit; minimum age 12
Wreck: Limited penetration minimum age 15
Read more about the Advanced Adventure course
You can choose from the following courses offered:
Please note the necessary amount of dives/days for each course
- Advanced Buoyancy Control 2 dives/1 day
- Computer Nitrox Diver 2 dives/1 day
- Sidemount Diver 4 dives/2 days
- Night/Limited Visibility 2 dives/1-2 day
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle 2 dives/1 day
- Marine Ecosystem Awareness 2 dives/1 day
- Underwater Navigation 2 dives/1 day
- Wreck Diver 4 dives/2 days
For more information on each course please visit Scuba Diving International website.
You can find all courses with detailed requirements, available eLearning languages, Standards and Procedures
Advanced Diver Course
The SDI Advanced Scuba Diver Development Program was created to make truly “Advanced Divers.” During the course your Instructor will take you through four complete SDI, TDI speciality courses (for example; Deep, Navigation, Wreck, Intro to Tech, etc.) covering all the skills and subjects, so that by the end you will feel comfortable to conduct dives of a similar nature. Once you have logged your 25th dive (these can include any and all training dives), visit your local SDI facility with your logbook and verification of completing four SDI, TDI, and ERDI specialties and you will be awarded the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification.
By earning the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification you will have increased abilities and comfort in the water and be ready for the next step, SDI Rescue Diver.
More information about Advanced Diver course
Rescue Diver Course
The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the SDI Rescue Diver Course, you can enrol in the SDI Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the SDI Divemaster Course.
What you can expect to learn:
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
You will cover all of the following and more!
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Stress and psychological factors
- Physical conditioning
- Surface drowning syndrome
- Diving lifesaving
- Diver assists
- Surface and underwater rescues
- Types of transports
- In-water artificial respiration
- Boat and shore exit techniques
- Diver first aid
- Review of oxygen administration
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Information collection
- Access to a hyperbaric chamber
- Accident Management
- Access to emergency transport/assistance
- Accident reporting
- Liability and related legal considerations
Some of the in-water skills include:
- On the surface, identify and assist a properly equipped skin or scuba diver simulating:
- Breathing difficulties
- Leg cramp
- Early panic symptoms
- Locate and bring to the surface a scuba diver simulating unconsciousness to the surface from approximately 6 metres/20 feet
- Upon surfacing, transport the unconscious diver 50 metres/150 feet to shore or boat, simulating in-water rescue breathing
- Upon reaching the shore or boat, with the assistance of one aide, remove the diver from the water
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to conduct rescues for divers in distress
- Become qualified to enrol in:
- The SDI Master Diver program
- The SDI Divemaster course
Read more and check out standards and procedures of the SDI Rescue Diver Course
Private tuition prices
Recreational courseswith private instructor
- Avoid the crowd
- Including tanks, weights and land transport in Malta
- Does not include equipment, dive supplements, learning materials and certification fees
- For more than one person contact me for a special offer (maximum 2 in a group)
Full set of kit – 35€/day
Air Cylinder 8€/day (nitrox +5€)
DPV rent - 35EUR/day
We use DiverTug scooters, with the maximum depth of 130m and 2.5 hours runtime
Gozo trip - 20EUR
This is simply the ferry cost for a vehicle and 2 persons. Every additional person in the car is 5€ extra.
Boat charter is typically between 350 – 450 € for a day. It is pricey for private charter, however many times we can share the boat with other divers.
All SDI eLearning codes are 60€
SDI Certification fee is 50€